Authorised charities this month
During August the following charities have obtained a licence and are authorised to collect house-to-house collections in the local area:
- BLESMA - 5th to 11th August 2019
- Coping with Cancer NE - 12th to 18th August 2019
- Beads of Courage - 19th to 25th August 2019
- Leukaemia and Myeloma Research UK - 26th to 30th August 2019
As well as the authorised charities listed above, a number of national charities are also legally allowed to run a charity collection. The following national charities have informed us that they will be carrying out a collection in Richmondshire:
- Clothes Aid - 1st January to 31st December 2019
- The Children's Air Ambulance - 1st January to 31st December 2019
- Poppy appeal - 26th October to 13th November 2019
Unfortunately not all charity collections are legitimate. Rogue collectors ask for donations to be left for collection using a bag or leaflet that looks similar to legitimate charities. If you receive a request like this always check for a charity registration number rather than a company registration number on their paperwork or bag.
If you are still unsure of the authenticity of a charity collection, we recommend that you drop off your goods in person at one of your local charity shops or organisations.
Contact details for licensing ~ email@example.com